June 22, 2020

Super Busy Father's Day!

A funny photo of Chick ;) He was jumping up to get the tissue paper from Jerry's gift.

I had a crazy-busy day today (yesterday, by the time this post goes live), so I'm not going to write much.

This morning, I had several things to return to various stores and I *had* to go grocery shopping (I probably should have gone a week ago!). I also had plans to go see Sarah (my friend from Arizona, whose grandpa just died) at 2:00 PM.

Since it was Father's Day, I wanted to bake my dad his usual pecan pie. I also wanted to do something for Jerry.

First, I decided to take back my "returns" to a few different stores. Then I bought a couple of Father's Day cards for Jerry. The kids wanted to get him a Star Wars hoodie, but I couldn't fine one; so, I had them pick one out on Amazon and we printed a photo of it to show that it would be coming in the mail.

Meanwhile, I had gotten him a few pairs of jeans (so boring, I know!). He is ALWAYS asking me to patch his jeans because he loves the ones he has. I've patched them so many times that they are pretty much more patches than they are original jeans. I bought him three pairs of the same brand that he loves, so hopefully he'll let go of the ones he has.

"The kids" also got him some Friends-themed socks to open while he waits for his hoodie to arrive.

Anyway, I was out all morning running errands, and then I had to grocery shop. You know I hate grocery shopping, but I made a list before I went and I tried to just fly through the list without thinking.

It worked pretty well! I just went up and down each aisle grabbing the things on my list, and it didn't take as much time as I thought. When I got home, I hurriedly made a pecan pie for my dad. Eli wanted to help, so I had him work on the crust while I made the filling.

The crust calls for 1-1/3 cups of flour, and I told Eli that means "four scoops" of the 1/3 cup measuring cup. Well, I put the first one in to show him how to measure it; and then Eli put four MORE in, for a total of five. I took me a while to figure it out. I couldn't understand why the crust seemed so dry! So we scrapped the first crust and started over.

After I threw the pie in the oven, I left to meet Sarah at her mom's house. It was fun catching up with her--it'd been a long time! We chatted for a couple of hours and then I headed home to get dinner ready for Jerry.

When I got home, I quickly got to work on Jerry's Father's Day dinner... his favorite meatball soup. I'll post the recipe for that, too. It turned out SO GOOD. I love this soup!

I want to get caught up on Facebook posts and emails, which I promise to do ASAP. It's been a busy few days, so hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to publish ALL comments (even the mean ones) but I recently chose not to publish those. I always welcome constructive comments/criticism, but there is no need for unnecessary rudeness/hate. But please--I love reading what you have to say! (This comment form is super finicky, so I apologize if you're unable to comment)

Featured Posts

Blog Archive