July 19, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-in catch-up and some funnies

It has been about three weeks since my last weigh in! I hadn't realized it has been that long until I was writing this. I weighed in before going to my sister's place up north, and then we arrived home on Wednesday night (so no weigh-in that week). Then last week, I had such a busy week that I really didn't even get a chance to write anything at all.

When I was up north, I ate the same way I eat at home--whatever I wanted, just in reasonable portions, and eating just four times a day. It worked out really well! I even had a s'more each night for my bedtime treat. I was very surprised, then, when I got home and saw that I'd gained four pounds! I couldn't believe it.

Pretty much the only thing I love about camping ;) 

I wasn't worried about it, because I hadn't binged or anything, so there was no real reason for the gain. I assumed it was just from traveling and eating different foods than I was used to. I didn't try to overcompensate when I got home and drop the weight right away--I just kept doing what I've been doing for the last five months or so.

It took a couple of weeks, but my weight has really steadied around 132-134. It's been here for the last month or so, which makes me think that maybe this is the weight my body wants to be when I'm eating "normally". Anyway, today's weigh in:

I was at 132.2, which I think is 0.2 less than it was three weeks ago when I did an "official" weigh in. I'm pretty happy at this weight. My body feels "softer" than I was when I was running, but I'm good with that. Every time I go outside and the humidity takes my breath away, I'm glad that I'm not running in it. Some of my friends have asked if I miss it, and the honest answer is no--I still don't miss anything about it. Someday maybe I will.

I haven't been doing any "formal" exercise; rather, I have just been being very busy and moving a lot. I actually really enjoy cleaning and organizing my house (sounds so strange, I know) and that's a tough workout! On Friday, Jerry and I did a TON of yard work. Our landscaping was looking really rough, so I spent the morning pulling weeds, and then I decided that it's about time we split our hostas. My mom is always telling me I need to do that, and I had never done it before.

My neighbor came over (she's amazing at gardening) and told me it was super easy--you just wrap some rope around the top so it holds it all together (like a ponytail, haha). Then you use the shovel to split the root. She said it'll round itself out again as it grows, and I can plant the other half somewhere else if I want.

Well, it went NOTHING like we planned. But we laughed SO HARD. I honestly have never laughed that hard in my life--I couldn't breathe. And then all the laughing made my nose start running, and I couldn't stop coughing. Jerry tried to get video of my laughter because my laughing was making him laugh; but every time he got out his camera, I would calm down again.

Here is a clip of the mess we made of our hostas...

We ended up pulling out two hostas altogether, and did a shoddy job with the others. We also pulled out two bushes that were attracting ants like crazy. So, it's looking pretty bare. We just suck at that stuff! hahaha

Ever since I started my 1 Second Everyday project, I have been taking much more video than I have photos. I'm not sure if I like that or not! It's fun to watch them, but I don't have very many photos to share anymore. After Eli's game on Saturday, the kids and I filled 100 water balloons. We got a pack of those awesome balloons that you don't have to tie yourself--you just hook it to the hose, and it fills all of the balloons and fastens them automatically in about 20 seconds.

I filled them for the kids, and then I decided to let them take some free shots at me. I told them I'd just stand there and they could peg me with water balloons. Eli threw the first, and it was a direct crotch shot. I called out, "Cup check!" because Eli had recently told me that when someone gets hit in the crotch at baseball practice, they yell, "Cup check!"

We all laughed, and then did some slow motion videos. Water balloons HURT--I wasn't expecting to get welts on my stomach from them! But it was super fun, and the kids loved being able to throw the balloons at their old mother.

I wanted to keep this post light-hearted, because I have some bad news that I will share tomorrow or Friday. I just wanted to get the good stuff out here first. (I hate when people write cryptic posts, and here I am sharing something cryptic. Sorry.)

By the way, I've been meaning to mention this... I am in the process of migrating all of my recipes from one blog to this one. I don't know why I thought it'd be a good idea to have two separate blogs for them. I back-dated the posts so that they wouldn't show up in anyones newsfeed, otherwise you would get (literally) over a hundred new posts over the last few days. Right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to organize them that doesn't confuse the heck out of me ;) So, I'll let you know when they're ready.

Tomorrow, my friend Sarah from Arizona is going to come over for a visit. I'm excited--it's been a while since I've seen her! She and her husband, Ne, are going to come over for dinner. We're supposed to have pretty bad thunderstorms tomorrow, and I'm hoping that's not the case. It would be nice to sit outside!


  1. I use my Live Photos from my iPhone on the 1SE app.

  2. Don't feel bad about the hostas. I never get when people claim how easy they are to split. My attempts have gone as well as yours did! :)

  3. I attempted to plant hostas this year because I hate gardening and I've heard they're relatively low maintenance and some freaking critter already ate them!! Like what?! Ugh. Hope everything is ok with you!!

  4. Hostas are dead easy to split but only in the spring before they leaf out. Other than that time of year I've found it to be a complete and utter disaster!LOL

  5. It probably would have been better to take the whole hosta out and then split it and put the half back in, they were big as trees lol

    I had a similar disaster, we had a pine tree next to our front door and we hated it, it was getting bigger, made a mess with the fallen pine needles so I decided one day I was going to "trim" it, I cut too much and it looked even worse. I tried to put cut up branches to hide the holes (kind of like a bad fake xmas tree). It ended up dying.

  6. "I ate the same way I eat at home--whatever I wanted, just in reasonable portions, and eating just four times a day."

    I would really love to hear some more details about how you're eating these days. It sounds really mindful and stress-free, which frankly, sounds absolutely wonderful! I would love to start eat in that way, but I haven't the faintest idea where to begin. That's why I'd love a little insight into how you manage it. Clearly, it's working for you!

    Also, thank you for being so open with your journey, both the highs and the lows. I find your candor very refreshing! It's nice to know that someone else's life gets "real" sometimes, too.


Feel free to leave a comment! I had to turn on comment moderation due to a ton of spam comments, but I will approve your comment ASAP.

Featured Posts

Blog Archive