I only had four miles on the schedule, so I hopped on the treadmill and watched another episode of Sons of Anarchy while I ran.
I got ready to go out to lunch with Jessica, and headed to Kroger to meet her. From there, I drove to La Pita. It was a fun lunch! Last year at this time, we would go to La Pita just about every week while we were marathon training--I can't believe it's been a year already. Today, we were laughing about how terrible we are for each other, because we both love to eat--so after our long runs, we'd go to La Pita or Whole Foods for baked goods ;) No wonder I gained so much weight then.
I got my usual at La Pita (I've actually never ordered anything else)--lunch portion chicken kabob, rice pilaf, hummus, garlic sauce, pita bread, and salad. I estimated what I ate to be 18 PointsPlus. Not bad at all for some really yummy food!
It's been a while since I've posted a "things I've been loving lately" list, so I figured I'd do that today. These are all things I've been mentioning lately, so they won't come as a surprise, I'm sure, but here goes...
1) Frozen grapes. I've been obsessed with grapes for a long time now, but I just recently started freezing them. I love that they take longer to eat, so I don't have to eat so much; also, I don't feel like I have to eat them all before they go bad (not that it's ever been a problem before...).
2) Cinnamon Roasted Almonds. These are from Wal-Mart, but I'm sure any brand will do. These are sweet and crunchy, and very satisfying for a snack. Usually 1/2 ounce is satisfying enough, which surprises me. Usually, I can eat nuts by the bucketful, but if I take my time with these, I'm happy with 1/2-1 ounce.
3) My ActiveLink. No surprise here! I've been earning so many activity PointsPlus with it, which is perfect, because I love to eat ;)
4) The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut CLIF Bars. I've always liked CLIF bars, but never really LOVED them until trying this flavor. It's so good!
5) Sons of Anarchy. I'm only on the first season, but I'm glad that there are several seasons to keep me occupied on the treadmill for a while!
6) David's Tea. I'm SO glad that Ellen introduced me to this tea, because it puts all other teas I've tried to shame. I've even unsubscribed from Teavana's e-mails, because the only tea I'll be ordering now is from David's. They have amazing dessert teas that taste exactly like what they are described as--I adore the Red Velvet Cake, and the Toasted Marshmallow. Oh, and the Movie Night. Let's just say all of them. I love all of them!
7) This nifty little gizmo by Nordic Ware that I use to cook my eggs. I eat eggs almost every single day for lunch--a whole egg, plus 3 T. egg whites, plus a slice of cheese and 2 Tbsp. of crumbled bacon. I used to make it omelet-style until I found this little cooker at Wal-Mart for a few bucks and picked it up on a whim. You use this to cook eggs in the microwave. I know that people make scrambled eggs in mugs all time, a la Hungry Girl, but cleaning the mug afterward was a bitch! The egg was always stuck on there really good.
You don't even have to spray this little thing with cooking spray. You just scramble the egg right inside it--then I add my bacon, and nuke it for 1 minute. I flip it over and put it back in for 15 seconds. It turns out to be a big, puffy egg pillow, the perfect size of an English muffin, if you make a sandwich out of it (I like to eat it by itself, topped with cheese, and with an English muffin on the side). It doesn't stick to the container, and clean-up is super easy. I can prep and cook my eggs faster than my English muffin gets done toasting!