January 21, 2020

A Blog Series of Favorite Posts #4: DIY Projects

For the next week or so, I'm going to do a series of posts--I will share my favorite "oldies but goodies" from the past.

As you know, I LOVE writing lists. This is one I've been wanting to write for a long time, but it requires so much thought that I just have such a hard time deciding what to include on it! I have a lot of favorite posts over the years (as well as very cringey ones--maybe I'll do a list of those soon). I'd have to wear a paper bag over my head out of embarrassment ;)

As of the last few years, there have been lots of different categories on my blog: weight loss/gain/loss/gain; running; DIY/home improvement; mental health/illness; crafts; and just daily life in general. So, I think I'll separate these into categories to avoid having too many "favorite" posts in just one category.

I'll post just a few per day, so if you choose, you'll have time to read the posts. If I post them all at once, it would be way too overwhelming!

At the end, I will also include my most popular posts (which will likely be entirely different from my favorite posts) in case anyone is curious about those. First, though, my favorites...


Our Epoxy Nightmare!

This is a funny story about the horrible experience of using epoxy to make our own island countertop. Nothing went as planned! It was so comical, it really should have been part of a sitcom. I wish it was on video.

Runs for Cookies Is My Mom

This is actually a race report, but there is a very sweet story behind it. It warms my heart every time I think about it (although I'm sure it would probably embarrass Eli if I brought it up now). I've mentioned he is the sweetest kid EVER, and this is just one of those sweet moments. And shows the things we do for the love of our kids :)

Our DIY Kitchen Makeover Reveal

I cannot tell you how much blood, sweat, and tears went into this project. I did about 90% of the work with my own two hands (Jerry did the other 10%) and it took nearly a year! The biggest difference was the kitchen (although it connects to the living room and dining room in a very open concept. We live in a "trailer" (a.k.a. manufactured home, double wide, etc.) and I love the changes that I made to de-trailerize it, haha. This post is the big reveal, done in four parts (because there are SO many pictures).

More to come tomorrow! My Favorite Posts #5 topic is Budget/Finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to publish ALL comments (even the mean ones) but I recently chose not to publish those. I always welcome constructive comments/criticism, but there is no need for unnecessary rudeness/hate. But please--I love reading what you have to say! (This comment form is super finicky, so I apologize if you're unable to comment)

Featured Posts

Blog Archive