- I hate raw tomatoes, but because I wanted to make that dill pickle sandwich yesterday, I bought the little baby ones called for in the recipe. The recipe was very specific in that you shouldn't change anything, so I wanted to make it as-written. I'm now obsessed with these little tomatoes! The sandwich was amazing, and it's my new favorite breakfast/lunch/dinner, but as I was preparing the sandwich, I decided to try a tomato plain. Then I kept taking a couple every time I walked past them in the kitchen. I'm going to buy some to take on the plane with me Friday.
- My AquaJogger arrived today! I'm going to take it for a
spin swimrun? tomorrow. There is never anyone in the pool when I go to the rec center, so it's going to be totally embarrassing to have the lifeguard watch as I try and learn how to do this deep water running!
- I started a new puzzle today. As you can see, I didn't get much done on it. But I love working on puzzles, because I don't want to stop to eat! I like that puzzles come with a mini poster of what the puzzle will look like. It's really helpful when putting it together.
- I was so bored last night that I took a quiz on BuzzFeed called "What's your drunk alter ego?" I'm not sure if I'm happy to be a "Momma Bear". That just sounds lame! But sadly, the description is pretty true ;)
- I have a pretty great prize for the Virtual 5K... I'll announce later this week, but here's a hint: It rhymes with "barman" (I just now learned that that's another word for bartender). I need one more prize and then I'll announce them.
- I impulsively bought a rice cooker shortly after Thanksgiving, because it was half off, and I wanted to give it a try. I had a rice cooker years ago, but I hated it, because my rice always burned to the sides and bottom. I'm glad I tried a new one, because I LOVE IT. It makes absolutely perfect rice every time (I've made several different types of rice in it, too). It doesn't get burned, and it's not mushy; it's just very fluffy and perfectly cooked. Mine is this Black & Decker Rice Cooker.
- CLIF Bar sent me a couple of samples of their new bar flavors: Nuts & Seeds, and Berry Pomegranate Chia. I liked the Nuts & Seeds one, but my favorite flavor is still the Trail Mix one (with a smear of peanut butter on top!).
- I leave for Phoenix on Friday (well, hopefully... I'm flying on a buddy pass, so if the flight is full, I won't even make it on the plane; but my brother said it looks good). I feel totally unprepared for this trip! I wish I was able to do the half-marathon, but it'll be fun to just be a spectator. I'll try and be the best spectator out there! I'll also be able to see a couple of my Ragnar teammates (Meredith from my From Fat to Finish Line team, and Martha from my Strangers to Sole Mates team), as well as Angela (the producer of the documentary From Fat to Finish Line). And of course, it'll be fun to celebrate birthdays with Sarah!