At 8:15, my husband called the transportation office to find out what was going on. The bus had already gotten to the school, and she completely skipped our road! My mom was here to see the boys off as well, so she drove them to the school on her way to work. Eli was so disappointed that he didn't get to ride the bus! I felt really bad about it. The bus driver told the transportation office that nobody was outside when she drove by--but I know she didn't drive by. Our street is broken up into two sections, and our section is kind of out of the way (and easy to miss). So I think the bus driver went down the other section and assumed that nobody was there. I'm just hoping that my kids get HOME okay this afternoon!
|Noah and Eli on their first day of school|
After that, I went for my run--4.5 easy miles on the schedule today. It was pretty windy, but the temp is still perfect running weather. I'm dreading tomorrow's speed work though--9 x 400's. Came home and had eggs for breakfast, which is strange, because I NEVER eat eggs for breakfast. Normally, I eat carbs--the more the better!--but Renee gave me some peppers from her garden, so I decided to put them in some scrambled eggs. I also added some jalapeno cheese, and a veggie sausage patty. It was really good.
I've been on a roll with calorie counting. It's about time, right?! ;) Seriously, whenever I start counting, it seems like there are tons of temptations almost immediately. In the past 10 days, I've been faced with the following:
1) My parents invited me and the boys out for ice cream--their treat of course. I let the boys go, but I stayed home.
2) Jerry, me, and the boys went to the Holidome for the night--encountering vending machines, pizza, and beer. I stuck to my plan while the boys had pizza and candy.
3) My parents invited us over to their house for dinner a couple of days ago, with all kinds of yummy bad-for-you food. I turned down the invite.
4) My mom took the boys to Pizza Hut after church on Sunday, and I had to pick them up there. Of course, I arrived right as their pizzas arrived to the table, so I sat there while they ate.
5) I went to Renee's for a bonfire, and turned down wine and s'mores. The only thing I had was one marshmallow.
6) The boys had an open house at their school yesterday to meet their teachers, and of course there was an ice cream social. I gave the boys their ice cream and watched them eat it.
These situations rarely come up when I'm not counting calories! I feel like I'm finally back to where I was when I was losing weight, where I had total control and didn't let anything get in the way. Right now, I'm super determined to be in the best shape possible for my tummy tuck (IF I get the tummy tuck--still haven't heard anything from the insurance company).
Have you been faced with temptations lately? How do you handle it?